Bytes Universal Systems (BUS), a Division of Bytes Technology Group South Africa (Pty) Ltd and part of the Altron Group of Companies, designs, develops and implements specialised solutions.
With over 480 highly skilled and experienced delivery managers, subject matter experts, architects, business analysts, project managers and programmers we provide a portfolio of services, software and solutions directed at solving business critical customer problems. We provide insights to enable innovative solutions that add value to our customers in their terms.
We have the flexibility to source value adding solution components from global partners or develop local in-house solutions that match the requirements of our customers throughout South Africa and Africa.
Sourced value add solutions include:
- The market leading Teradata Enterprise Data Warehouse, Integrated Marketing Management and Big Data capabilities for all market sectors.
- Financial Crime and Fraud Management for financial institutions.
- Manufacturing Operations Management solutions facilitating large scale process management and control.
- For national government we offer advanced systems delivering rapid implementations of National ID, Passport, Driver License and Voting control systems.
- In telecommunications value added services providing solutions and services in areas such as fulfilment, assurance, billing and revenue management, product and infrastructure lifecycle management,.
- Our leading Oracle capabilities positions the company as the partner of choice for E-Business Suite, JD Edwards and Primavera based solutions to customers.
Solutions developed locally in-house include:
- SAMRAS, a South African Municipal Resource Administration System, a locally developed, fully integrated and GRAP compliant Financial Management System, designed to meet the specific needs of the South African local authority and municipality.
- IN.sight, a fully integrated workflow enabled ERP solution for the administration of Employee Benefit Schemes, Government Social Grants and Pension Funds, Individual Financial Services for Funeral, Life, Education and Endowment Policies and Trust Fund Administration.
We offer a full suite of business critical integration services ranging from requirements definition, business process alignment, enterprise architecture design, system design, development, testing and implementation using leading edge development tools and mature methodologies in the Microsoft, SOA and mobile development environments.
BUS successfully delivers complex integration projects to National Government Departments leveraging our local and partner solutions coupled with extensive Project Governance and Control experience and capability.
We are a company with exceptional skill sets and an enviable track record for delivering innovative complex business critical solutions.
- Ownership Allied Electronics Corporation Limited (Altron)
- Leadership Allan Currie, Managing Director
- BBBEE Level 2 Contributor
- Quality ISO9001:2008 Certified
- Offices Johannesburg and Cape Town
- Footprint National
- Staff Complement 500+
“The business of business is business”
We will understand the business of our customers as a business and deliver software and services that add value in their terms.
We will innovate and optimise the Bytes Universal Systems business to deliver above average returns to our customers, stakeholders and employees.
(Allan Currie, Managing Director – Bytes Universal Systems)